Established in 1981, the purpose of the John D. Hewitt Memorial Scholarship Fund is to honor the memory of John D. Hewitt, MAI, SRPA (1911-1981) by promoting excellence in education.
The Hewitt Fund Committee is comprised of seven members:
Current Chapter President (Bud Clarke, MAI for 2018)
Current Chapter Vice President (Gregory Curtis MAI, for 2018)
Jonathan H. Avery, MAI (term ending in 2018)
Joseph P. Comperchio, SRA (term ending in 2018)
Brad Hevenor, MAI (term ending in 2020)
Ann Hollands, MAI (term ending in 2018)
Robert Maloney, MAI (term ending in 2019)
The Committee is pleased to announce the following scholarships opportunities for Massachusetts and Rhode Island Chapter of the Appraisal Institute Candidates for Designation. The Hewitt Fund will award scholarships to Candidates for Designation who have completed their Appraisal Institute Demonstration Appraisal Report requirement.
Scholarships are available as follows:
In order to receive the scholarship:
- Applicants must be Candidate for Designation in good standing with the Massachusetts and Rhode Island Chapter of the Appraisal Institute, including completion of the USPAP and Ethics requirements and be enrolled in the Candidate for Designation Program.
- MAI Candidates must have completed the required MAI courses .
- SRA Candidates must have completed the required SRA courses (less the 45-Hour Residential Demonstration Appraisal Report Alternative Course Package).
- Candidates must submit proof of attendance at the 45 hour program or Capstone program.
- Applicants must complete the Hewitt Memorial Fund Scholarship application.
- All applications are subject to review of the Hewitt Scholarship Committee.
The number of scholarships is subject to review by the committee at any time.
The Chapter annually hosts the McKenney/Kinsella/Hewitt Golf Tournament, along with the MBREA, to benefit the John D. Hewitt Scholarship Fund and the Paul Kinsella Scholarship Fund. Details regarding the 2018 event will be available shortly. Thank you to the sponsors of that event!
Hope Scholarship for RI Branch Candidates
The Hope Scholarship was established with the merger of the Massachusetts Chapter and the Rhode Island Chapter on January 1, 2013. For a period of five (5) years, the Hope Scholarship provided financial support to RI Branch Candidates taking Appraisal Institute courses leading to Appraisal Institute designations. The Hope Scholarship sunset on December 31, 2017.