The Massachusetts and Rhode Island Chapter of the Appraisal Institute's Emerging Leaders Group was formed in early 2008 as a platform for young appraisers and real estate professionals to get involved with educational and networking events in Boston. Such events during the inaugural year included:
- A tour of the McCormack Building at Post Office Square led by the construction management team,
- A walking tour of development projects in Boston's financial district in conjunction with the Young Leaders Group of the Urban Land Institutes
- A softball game between several real estate clubs including ULI'S YLG, BAYREP and NAIOP
The Chapter's Emerging Leaders Group has grown from its founding group of 5 young professionals to over 50 in its first year . It holds a number events and activities such as:
- AI After Hours - enjoy cocktails, appetizers, and networking in a casual after work hours setting
- Emerging Leaders Breakfast Series - attend an early morning, informative program
- Jay Zeiger Service Day - the Emerging Leaders organize this annual volunteer event.
- And networking events open to all members of the Appraisal Institute.
These functions are designed for Emerging Leaders to network not only among other appraisers, but provide the opportunity to meet young real estate professionals in Massachusetts including brokers, designers, consultants, project managers, developers, owners, investors, attorneys and bankers.
We encourage everyone's involvement in these events throughout the year; please check back on this page frequently as upcoming events are posted. To learn more about our group or become further involved, please use the contact information on this page.
About the Most Recent Event
- On October 15, 2013 Chapter candidates were invited for a private tour of Gerding Edlen’s new apartment building known as 315 on A. The Class A apartment building is the first high-rise apartment building to be completed in Boston’s Seaport District. Mr. Patrick Wilde, Project Manager for Gerding Edlen, conducted the tour and provided a detailed overview of the development and answered questions from candidates. After the tour, the group gathered at Lucky’s Lounge for networking, beers and cocktails, and appetizers. This was a free event sponsored by the Emerging Leaders.